Are you unable to update WhatsApp? Is your WhatsApp not updating? Get your solutions from here. We have provided reasons behind this issue and different solutions for WhatsApp update problem.
Joy Taylor Last Updated: May. 30, 2022
WhatsApp is a very popular messaging app that runs on both Android and iPhone devices. Many times we get stuck in WhatsApp not updating problem. It can happen on both Android and iPhone systems. Mostly, iPhone users face WhatsApp update problems. For example, when youpurchase with a different Apple ID, you face the WhatsApp update issue. On the counterpart, in some cases,Android users also face the same problem.
In this article, we will explain why WhatsApp is not updating andoffer several provensolutionsto fix WhatsApp not updating on your iPhone or Android device. Let’s dig into the details.
- Why Isn’t My WhatsApp Updating?
- How to Fix WhatsApp Not Updating on iPhone?
- How to Fix WhatsApp Not Updating on Android?
- Update WhatsApp When Purchased with a Different Apple ID
Why Isn’t My WhatsApp Updating?
Basically, when you use WhatsAppon an iPhone, some people facethe WhatsApp won’t update issue randomly. There can be many other reasons behind it. Here, we list possible4 reasons why it says wrong when I try to update WhatsApp.
- Error Codes: Error codes can affect WhatsApp when your Google account gets messed up. If you have many Google account, then error codes can affect WhatsApp and it does not update.
- Nosufficient space on the device:If your devicedoesn’t have enough space to install thelatest version, then WhatsApp will not update.
- WhatsAppis incompatible with your Android/iOS device:There is some old Android phone which does not support updated WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp isn’t available in your country:Sometimes, WhatsApp’s updated version can be unavailable in your country and that’s why it doesn’t update naturally from the Play Store or App Store.
It is reported that WhatsApp won’t support iPhones with iOS 11 or below to use or update afterOctober 24 this year. Thus, users withiOS 11 or below need to update their iPhones to the latest version before the end of October 24.Previously releasediPhone models – such as iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C, will not support WhatsApp from 2022 since theirsystems – iOS 10 and 11 are already updated fully.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Updating on iPhone?
Though there are many reasons why my WhatsApp is not updating, there are also solutions accordingly. If you get stuck while updating WhatsApp with your different Apple Id on iPhone, then you have to check the end of this article for the solution. But for now, we have found out 5 working methods to get rid of this problem easily on iPhone. So, let’s fix the problem. Here is how to fix WhatsApp not updating on iPhone.
Fix 1. Force Restart your iPhone
Force restarting iPhone is the most common and basic solution for any kind of problem that occurs on an iPhone including the WhatsApp not updating issue.
Quickly press and release the “Volume Up” button > Press and release the “Volume Down” button > Press and hold the “Power” or “Side” button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Restart iPhone X or Later Models
For iPhone 7/7 Plus
Press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
For iPhone8 or earlier version
Press and hold the “power” and “Home” buttons for a few second. Release them when the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone 8 or Earlier Models
Fix2. Uninstall and Reinstall WhatsApp
Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling an app on your phone can solve any issue related to that app. If you are facing WhatsApp won’t update problem on your iPhone this is another solution for you:
Uninstall WhatsApp on iPhone
- Press and hold the WhatsApp icon on the home screen.
- Tap on the “Delete” icon that appears to uninstall WhatsApp.
- Download and reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store.
Fix 3.Ensure WhatsApp Is Available in Your Country
Sometimes when you travel to a new country or region that is different than your own country or region, then you might find that the WhatsApp Service is completely blocked on your iPhone. When it happens, you won’t be able to update or download WhatsApp from App Store. There are some countries including China, Iran, Turkey, Brazil, Sri Lanka, etc. are restricted from using WhatsApp.
Fix4. Make Sure Your iPhone has Enough Storage Space
If you have used WhatsApp and many other apps for a long time on your iPhone, they may have taken up a lot of your iPhone storage. That’s why you are unable to update WhatsApp. So you must check if your iPhone has enough storage space.
How to How to Free Up Space on iPhone or iPad – Deleting Unwanted Apps
- Go to the “Settings” menu and select the “General” option.
- Tap on “iPhone Storage” to check the available storage space.
- If there is not enough storage, simply delete some games/apps or you can transfer your photos and videos to the computer/backup storage to free up iPhone space.
Fix 5.Check iPhone’s Network Connection
Many times network issues can cause an app to stop working or behave abnormally. So you need to check the network connection of your iPhone if your WhatsApp is not updating.
Check iPhone Network Connection
You can either try resetting network settings:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your iPhone.
- Go to “General” and select “Reset” then tap on the “Reset Network Settings” option.
This will immediately reset all your network settings including the personal hotspot settings, cellular settings, Wi-Fi networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings.
Or try changing network connection:
- Open by swiping up the “Control Center” from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap and disable the “Wi-Fi” icon and tap on the “Cellular” icon to enable it.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Updating on Android?
People who have Android devices also can get stuck in WhatsApp updating problems. It can happen for many reasons like, the old Android version, a lot of Google accounts, etc. But there is nothing to worry about because we also have 4 methods to fix your problem. You have to try the methods one by one.
Fix 1.Uninstall and Reinstall WhatsApp
This is the first method that you can try in order to fix WhatsApp not updating issue. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your WhatsApp on Android device to see if the problem can be solved.
- Navigating to“Settings”> Select “Apps & notifications” or “Application Manager” option from the list.
- Choose “WhatsApp” from the list of apps and tap on “Uninstall”.
- To reinstall WhatsApp again, visit the “Play Store” app on your Android device, then search and download WhatsApp.
After installing and launching WhatsApp, verify your phone number andrestore any backup of your chat history if you want.
Fix 2.Remove and Re-add Your Google Account
You can try removing and re-adding your Google account to fix WhatsApp update problem. Sometimes, Google account issues can also cause an app to behave abnormally or not to update.
Google Account Verification on Samsung
- Go to “Settings” menu and select “Accounts” option. Some phone may also show this option as “Accounts & Backup”.
- Tap and select the Google account. Then tap on “Remove Account” button and confirm by tapping “Remove Account” again.
- To add the account again, go to “Settings” and select “Accounts” option.
- Tap on “Add Account” and sign into the Google account from the Android device.
Fix 3.Change the Network Connection to Wi-Fi Only
Sometimes mobile data can cause problems and that’s why you are unable to update WhatsApp on your Android device. Try switching to Wi-Fi data and use Wi-Fi connection only to update the app again. Simply open the notification panel tray and tap on “Mobile Data” icon to disable it. Then tap on “Wi-Fi” icon to enable it.
Fix 4. Clear Google Play Store’s Cache and Data
Try clearing Google Play Store’s cache and data if you are unable to update WhatsApp.
Clear Cache on Google Play Store
- Go to the “Settings” menu and select “Apps”.
- Select “Google Play Store” from the list of apps and tap on the “Storage” option.
- Tapon “Clear Cache” and then “tap on “Clear Data”.
- When you have cleared the cache and app data, reopen the app to try updating WhatsApp.
Update WhatsApp When Purchased with a Different Apple ID
Another common problem we have found is that some iOS usersare unable toupdate WhatsApp with a different Apple ID. When you install apps with your Apple ID, it keeps the app’s record permanently and you cannot install or update the same app on your iPhone with a different Apple ID. Also, your WhatsApp messenger cannot be updated because it was refunded.
Well, you don’tneed to worrybecause you can simply navigate to Settings, tap on “View Apple ID” and delete the old Apple ID account by entering the correct password. Nevertheless, there are users who forget the old Apple ID login information and in this case, AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlocker is right here to help youremove old Apple ID from iPhone when updating WhatsApp.
* 100% Clean & Safe
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
Step 1. Free install AnyUnlock on your computer, open it you will see the welcome page as below. On the welcome page, tap on the Unlock Apple ID mode.
Click Unlock Apple ID from the Homepage
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and tap on the Unlock Now button to initiate the process.
Click Unlock Now Button
Step 3. When the old Apple ID is removed, you will see the Apple ID removed successfully as below.
Apple ID Removed Successfully
If AnyUnlock didn’t start to unlock your Apple ID immediately after choosing the ‘Unlock Now’ button, it indicates that you’ve turned on the Find My iPhone function. In this case, you should take further steps tosign out of Apple ID without password.
The Bottom Line
By reading this article, now you know why your WhatsApp is not updating and why those reasons affect WhatsApp messenger. You also got to know, how to fix WhatsApp not updating on iPhone and Android. It’s not a serious issue if you can handle the fixing guideline smartly. With the provided step-by-step guideline and properly detailed explanations, anyone can get help from here.
Product-related questions?Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >